The Grey Haired Socialist doesn't use social media because it frequently ends up with a slanging match.
MPs and CLPs who open their social media accounts for comment are naive - or deliberately courting controversy.
I am happy to respond to polite emails and I am happy to consider suggestions and even articles from others.
Who is TGHS?
- Rural background.
- Father a clerk, mother a factory cleaner, lived on a farm then in a Council House.
- Degree in Psychology.
- Worked in Rolls Royce Computer Department for about 5 years.
- PGCE at Bishop Lonsdale College, Derby.
- Taught in a primary school for six years.
- NUT representative for school.
- Became a cadre in the International Socialists.
- Active in anti-racism work in Derby against the National Front.
- Always considered the Labour Party a neo-liberal party, not a socialist one.
- Developed one of the world's first microcomputer word processors.
- Set up a small software company.
- Retired in early 50s.
- Set up another company.
- Trying to retire again.
- Joined the Labour Party just before Jeremy Corbyn became leader.
- Now a member of South Derbyshire Constituency Labour Party, North West Branch.
- Self identifies as: socialist, businessperson, atheist, republican.
Advice to newcomers
- Do you really believe that any other party stands a chance of forming a government to make our society fairer and more equitable?
- Do you really believe that a bunch of self-serving old Etonians, old Harrovians and public school chidren are going to do anything for you?
- Join a trade union if you are in employment and on PAYE.
- Stop moaning, join the Labour Party, do something.