News and media
LVT in the media
LVT has become a very hot topic and you can find the latest news this way:
- Enter " 'land value tax' england" into Google or your search engine.
- Select "News" when the results are displayed.
- From "Tools" select "Sorted by date".
We have selected a few.
- 08/05/2019: USDAW: regressive council tax needs to be replaced.
- 06/05/2019: Can we all agree the Scottish parliament has been a success?
"... the overall patterns of landownership and remote governance have hardly changed and the climate emergency looks set to add forestry cash to the wind power millions handed to Scotland's large landowners. There is massive opposition to this. Over the next 20 years, a land value tax must be introduced, succession laws must give Scots children legal rights to inherit land (naturally breaking up "sporting" estates) and the system for obtaining planning permission must change so people can afford to build and buy homes locally instead of handing massive unearned bonuses to the owners of land."
- 17/04/2019: Half of England is owned by less than 1% of the population.
- 17/03/2019: More than £100bn of UK property is secretly owned.
- 03/11/2018: Land Value Tax: the least bad tax.
- 03/09/2018: Replace business rates with land value tax, say LibDems.
- 02/08/2018: Scrap council tax - wealthy homeowners must pay more.
- 02/05/2018: Land value tax 'would price people out of their homes.'
This is a classic attempt by the land owning, castle building, tax avoiding, non UK resident, Barclay Brothers, owners of The Daily Telegraph, to attack LVT. Their nonsense is exposed on our page "LVT: objections".