Marketing and distribution
SmartAngle is suitable for a high volume worldwide general horizontal market.
- Consumers: the DIY market. This also has the potential for branding by resellers like:
- OBI. Bauhaus, Toom Baumarkt, Hornsbach etc. (Germany)
- Bricofer, OBI, Leroy Merlin, FDT etc. (Italy)
- B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix, Toolstation, Axminster, John Lewis etc. (UK)
- Brico Dépôt, Castorama, Leroy Merlin etc. (France)
- Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Ace Hardware, Harbor Freight etc. (USA)
- Toolbox: electricians, plumbers etc.
- Specific markets: for example:
- furniture, shelving and equipment levelling
- picture framers and retail frame suppliers
- Promotions: SmartAngle is ideal for branding as part of a promotion campaign.
Part of the appeal of SmartAngle is its final look and feel - it would not be fair to use prototypes for test marketing.
The test market version should be designed to have a similar "look and feel" to a manufacturer's other products.
Test marketing would require a small capital investment for an initial batch of PCBs, enclosures and packaging.
Please contact us for costs.
Furniture, shelving and equipment levelling
SmartAngle is ideal for selling alongside levelling feet for furniture, shelving and other equipment.
The photo shows a prototype SmartAngle used to level a Hammer B3 bench saw and spindle moulder. SmartAngle does not have to seen when adjustment are made to the feet - you can hear when the equipment is level!
Picture framing is an $8 billion market.
SmartAngle can be sold alongside picture hanging accessories.
- Every home has framed artwork, prints or photos.
- Every town has art galleries and museums.
- Every town has at least one picture framer.
A search of the Fine Art Guild found over 250 picture framers in the UK alone.
- Every home furnishing store sells picture frames.
- Everyone wants their picture frames to be level!
- Every home needs a SmartAngle!
- The market can be reached directly or through picture framing supplies distributors.
Comments from framers who have seen prototypes
- "This is something new for us, something interesting for a change, something that customers will like."
- "People normally do this by eye or they use a spirit level - but this is much more fun - and very quick to use!"
- "The eye is always drawn to frames that are out of line - this quickly solves that - especially after dusting!"
- "When is it available? What's the trade price?"