SmartMini consists of a family of boards designed to speed up project, prototype and product development using the Arduino 5V Pro Mini.
Boards come with all surface mount components pre-soldered ready for through hole components to be added.
- SmartMini-HI: Human Interface
- SmartMini-SA: Single Axis - with socket for A4988 stepper motor driver
- SmartMini-MA: Single Axis - with sockets for three A4988 stepper motor drivers
- SmartMini-WIFI: WiFi daughter board supporting ESP8266 - for HI, SA or MA boards
- SmartMini-EBX: Extension board for connecting keypad to SmartMini-EB as a Remote Controller
- SmartMini-PS: Power Supply - supplies 5V digital power and 12V- 35V motor power
- SmartMini-EB: Extension Board: adds support for 2004 LCD display, keypad, SD card reader and 32KB additional EEPROM
- SmartMini-BT: Bluetooth daughter board - for HI, SA or MA boards
- SmartMini-KP: Keyboard Port - support remote keypad from SmartMini-EB via micro USB cable
- SmartMini-ME: Multiport Expander - brings out I2C and SPI lines as well as a standard AVR programming port
- SmartMini-EL: Edmundson Link - daisy chain link carrying I2C, 5V digital power and 12V-35V motor power
Why use SmartMini?
The Pro Mini is a fantastic little board: Atmega328 processor running at 16MHz, 32KB of programming space, 2KB or RAM, 1KB of EEPROM, 14 digital I/O lines, 6 analogue lines and 6 PWM pins. It is ideal for breadboard use but becomes limited when embedded in a project or product.
SmartMini boards overcome this limitation and may be used individually or chained together to enable multiple Pro Minis to be used in distributed or parallel processing - thus enabling the develop of applications that may be too large to fit within a single Pro Mini.
This shows the main SmartMini boards mounted on acrylic SmartMini-UMPs - Universal Mounting Plates.
- On the left is SmartMini-HI: Human Interface.
- In the centre is SmartMini-SA: Single Axis with SmartMini-PS: Power Supply and SmartMini-EL: Edmundson Link. An A4988 stepper driver module is fitted in its socket.
- In the right is SmartMini-MA: Multi Axis. The three A4988 stepper motor drivers are not fitted so the step resolution jumpers can be seen.
Click for information about each board - the images show the boards with through hole components added.
SmartMini Human Interface
SmartMini Single Axis
SmartMini Multi Axis
SmartMini Power Supply
SmartMini Expansion Board
SmartMini extension booard for local keypad
SmartMini Multiport Expander
SmartMini EPort Link
SmartMini remote keypad board
SmartMini Bluetooth daughter board
SmartMini Wifi daughter board.